Wednesday 1 October 2008

Not such a little horse now

Inara's been growing really fast lately, she's starting to look much more like an elegant young horse, rather than a gangly baby foal.




She's not turning grey yet, although the vet seems pretty sure that she will eventually. Her mane and tail have a peppering of white hairs, but I haven't seen any through her chestnut colouring on her body. I'm hoping that she'll go through a stage where she has a pale mane and tail and a dark body. One of the things I like about grey horses, is that it's as though you get several colours for the price of one as they go through different stages before they reach their final colouring.


While I was out in the field taking Inara pics, I also caught some nice shots of cobwebs and other autumny things...




I love how the light's been split into rainbow colours over this one:






Brr..., it's making me chilly just to look! Autumn's definitely begun around here. Time to return to some cosy knitting...


Lately I've started work on a top-down sweater for myself, from Wendy Bernard's Custom Knits book. I'm knitting Ingenue, which is a top-down funnel neck sweater, only I've adapted the neckline so it'll be an off-the shoulder version instead. Here's how far I'd got with it few days ago:



It was really sunny the day I took the photo, and the colour wouldn't capture correctly, it's a much darker burgundy in real life. The yarn's Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora, which is lovely to knit with, very soft. Since the photo was taken, I've knitted down to the part where the sleeves are separated off, and started the body. It's all plain stocking stitch, which is mindless knitting - excellent for doing while I watch all the great new TV series that have started up again. Like Heroes Season 3, only half an hour now before it begins! :)

4 comments:

Kai said...

Inara is absolutely stunning.. I love her colour.

Love the spiderweb... so simple and yet so complicated.

Kathleen said...

Oh, I hope Inara goes gray! I love a rosy gray horse. The spiderweb is exquisite!

Linda said...

Inara is lovely. The photos of the spiderwebs are beautiful. I have not seen Heroes but my friend had leant me series one so I really must find the time to enjoy it!

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Wow! Inara has really grown.
Looks like we humans aren't the only ones that like to spin. Lovely photos.