Thursday 27 December 2007

Socks!


As if I didn't have enough to do in the lead up to Christmas, I started a new project the week before. Socks! Only the second pair I've ever made, and the first pair don't really count as I managed to shrink them in the wash before I'd even worn them. But these are different. They knit up pretty quickly, and whenever the pre-Christmas frazzle was getting to me, I found knitting them was surprisingly relaxing. They only took a week to make and I'm dead chuffed with the result. I used a self-patterning Opal yarn, didn't bother trying to match the two socks as I was in such a hurry to finish the pair. And these guys are really comfy, I keep looking at my feet when I'm wearing them. Now I just have remember to keep them away from the washing machine...

No comments: