Sunday 30 December 2007

I bought yarn!

So, Posh Yarn were having a sale today. I've been oogling their yarns for a while now, so with sale prices beckoning, how could I resist? Their stuff usually sells out pretty quickly, but today it was manic. The online shop was opened at 6pm, and by 6.45pm everything was gone. It was entertaining just to watch the sold out buttons popping up. Perhaps I found it more entertaining because I got there early, and managed to get the three skeins of yarn I was hoping for. I bought two skeins of 'Emily' sock yarn (a cashmere/angora/merino blend), in Treefrog (bright greens) and Mesmerize (navy blue/red/turquoise). I also got a skein of laceweight cashmere in Veldt - a greeny/browny colourway that reminds me of the woodlands around here at the moment, which I plan to use for a floaty lace scarf. I'm looking forward to feeling the yarns in person - I've heard a lot about how lovely they are, but nothing beats the real thing eh?

So it looks like I have more sock knitting in my future. And lace, eek!

No comments: